Siemens has recently discontinued their popular 353 SLC controller. This unit and its predecessors have been used in many process applications for years, and the discontinuation of this product has left many companies uncertain of their path forward for supporting their processes. Now that the entire Moore/Siemens 353 family is obsolete, are you considering upgrading to a DCS? Have you reviewed the limited number of 3x6 SLC vendors in the marketplace? Will you turn to eBay looking for spare parts? We have a better solution for you; Yokogawa and its YS1700 PID loop controller. The YS1700 is a drop-in SLC replacement for the Siemens 353 and will keep you off of eBay looking for spare 353 parts.
The Yokogawa YS1000 Series is the ideal choice for many control applications offering extreme reliability and sophisticated control. This product family has bright, easy-to-read displays, multiple I/O points, and powerful loop tuning. For critical applications, the YS1700 employs dual CPUs for maximum reliability and hard-manual control for added protection. The YS1700’s powerful function block programming allows for custom strategies to control many demanding processes such as boilers and steam generators, PH control, dosing control, and many other demanding plant processes.
Reasons to select the YS1700 to replace the Siemens 353:
- Nuclear qualified with industry acceptance and installations.
- The YS series has been tested to meet the most stringent demands of the nuclear industry and has industry acceptance. Servicing the nuclear industry requires a commitment in quality and longevity.
- ABS Type approved for marine and offshore applications.
- Yokogawa has the only ABS Type approved 3X6 controller on the market for marine and offshore applications. Selecting an ABS approved unit allows the customer to install the YS without the cost of additional testing and special inspection required by the shipping bureau.
- Extensive experience in boiler applications.
- Automated control of industrial boilers is an excellent application for YS1700 controllers. These instruments can be programmed to perform the operations of plant master, boiler master, fuel and air control with oxygen trim, and drum level / feedwater control. The YS1700 is a reliable and cost effective means of upgrading boiler controls and increasing boiler efficiency while lowering operating costs by implementing advanced control strategies.
- A proven upgrade path to protect your engineering investments in installation and application development.
- Yokogawa’s YS1000 is backwards compatible to all of its legacy 3x6 controllers developed since 1965. The YS has been designed to reuse the expense of hardware installation and engineered application development. These items are not required to be reengineered when upgrading to a future product family. Upgrading a legacy Yokogawa controller with a new, modern unit can be done in 25 minutes. The housing and wiring stays in place and only the control unit is replaced. Application software can be automatically converted and installed in the latest models.
- Designed for 100% up-time.
- Features like dual CPUs, the hard manual back-up, hot swappable LCD, and the portable back-up station ensures that a controller mishap, standard maintenance, or product upgrade will not prevent a control signal from reaching the final control element. A very high mean time between failure calculation minimizes unexpected failures, and the nonvolatile memory means no batteries to fail and no surprising program loss.